( DALNet )
The IRC Quicksand channel. Founded by James_diGriz
( DALNet )
DALNet's Muddy channel. Founded by WAMCentral's crew
Some Common Rules
Most chatting guidelines (AKA Netiquet) are pretty much common sense. Nonetheless
We will outline some of the common things to do and not to do when chatting.
- Don't type all in UPPERCASE. Many people regard this as shouting.
- Don't harass people. If they don't respond to your first message,
take it as a hint, and leave them alone.
- Some common abbreviations:
- LOL - Laugh Out Loud
- LMAO - Laughing My Ass Off
- ROTF - Rolling On The Floor
- ROTFLMAO - Combination of ROTF and LMAO.
- BRB - Be Right Back
- BBL - Be Back Later
- BBIAB - Be Back In A Bit
- WTF - What The Fuck
- "Emoticons" are combinations of characters that (usually) reflect a certain
facial expression. Tilt your head to the left to "see" them. Some examples are
:) (smile/happy), :( (frown/sad). Be creative... For example, Squishy
likes to add noses. :o)
See the Links page for more info about Netiquet